Friday 19 June 2009

Leaving on a jet plane

Well, it is finally here! Exams are done, I'm packed (as much as I can remember, anyway, and despite several cruel and heartless "culls" of pretty things that Mike wouldn't let me take), and I've said goodbye to Alfie (the tortoise).

So I'm readyish to go I suppose. I got my rotation details yesterday, and am now officially terrified. I'm expected to suture, clerk and examine my own patients, help in resuscitation, you name it, I'll be up to my ears in it! I suddenly remember my complete and utter lack of experience in A&E...or ER, as I must call it.

And now, the M4 calls, ready to take me to Heathrow, and then Chicago, and then, finally, New Orleans! Watch out America... I'm on my way....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Slowly, slowly working my way through medical school thanks to a good sense of humour, some fantastic friends, a wonderful boyfriend, a brilliant family, and a relaxed faith.