Sunday 18 October 2009

What happened to the weekend?

I'm sure it was Friday about 10 minutes ago. But no, my clock and my housemates reliably inform me that in fact, it is Sunday evening, and I need to get ready for the hospital tomorrow.

It's been a busy few weeks, what with skiing (!!!), a visit home, cake-baking and video-planning, I've barely had any time for hospital work.

And what an amount of hospital work it's been.

In the last couple of weeks I have

1) attended (and worked on) 2 cardiac arrests
2) taken everyone's blood. At least once.
3) been responsible for 2 work experience students (they're such babies!!! ahhhh)
4) acted as junior doctor for the entire ward when no other doctors were around - for a WHOLE DAY.

This last was genuinely terrifying... I have never been so stressed in all my life...
And I was entirely knackered afterwards. I am now officially dreading graduating!

But on the plus, we are making a video about our life in the hospital... a skit... and any more information than that is classified until I feel the need to divulge it. Except to say that it is going to be HILARIOUS.

Oh, and the most exciting/lovely moments of the last few weeks... meeting two gorgeous wee babies, one belonging to a medical student who is a very handsome young man, and a second who belongs to some lovely, lanky people, and is just about the most beautiful baby I've met (and I'm not exaggerating, she's literally perfect!).

So all in all, rather a good few weeks.

It's just a shame it's Sunday evening. I may petition for 4 day weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Slowly, slowly working my way through medical school thanks to a good sense of humour, some fantastic friends, a wonderful boyfriend, a brilliant family, and a relaxed faith.