Wednesday 5 August 2009

Birthdays, Swine flu, rain...

Well, it's been a (long) while since I posted, poor effort entirely on my part. So here goes...

France was lovely, very hot (except when it rained!) and full of delicious food. Unbelievably expensive however, due to the poor pound - euro exchange rate. There was a time when I didn't understand quite how this would affect us, it scares me a little to realise that I now completely understand just how rubbish it is when sterling is weak.

Anyway! After France I popped back down to Dorset for the weekend, and went to a fantastic street fair, everyone was dressed up in "olde tyme" clothes, and there were loads of fab stalls, and awesome displays. Came back for mum's birthday on the Monday, which involved a walk on Brandon Hill in the centre of Bristol... and so a VERY wet dog who swam without stopping for 20 minutes, oblivious to the rest of us!

We redecorated a room that week, and it looks absolutely beautiful, I am soo pleased we made ourselves do it! It's now cream with reds and yellows in it, and an American/boat theme to the decorations. And it still smells of fresh paint which is just delicious!

A week after mum's birthday is my birthday... and following a 21st where none of the family (barring parents and brother) bothered to show up (!!!) I decided a tea party for the relations would be rather nice, so on Sunday we had a lovely day full of cake and scones and cream, which was just fantastic, and I was more than spoilt with some lovely presents.

Monday, my actual birthday, was a very quiet day, relaxed and easy, spent with family and best friends (or "fuzzies"), and opening more presents, how nice. And finishing with several games of German rummy - our new favourite form of entertainment.

And now... it is Wednesday... and I appear to have swine flu. This is not a particularly pleasant experience, but I am far from death's door, so life could be worse. And I hope to be getting it out the way (and becoming immune) before I go back to uni and need to treat all the patients with swine flu... and maybe, maybe this will make me slightly more sympathetic to those with it?!

We shall see.

So, a brief run-down of the last month. Busy, but very nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Slowly, slowly working my way through medical school thanks to a good sense of humour, some fantastic friends, a wonderful boyfriend, a brilliant family, and a relaxed faith.