Sunday 21 February 2010

Slacking off again!

Well, so much for keeping this blog up to date, eh?! Poor effort really, poor...

But I have been very busy - my Obs & Gynae rotation flew by, and now, here I am in the third week of my paediatric rotation... and in Furness General Hospital. Where is term going?! It's the end of week 7 already, good grief!

Paediatrics is so much fun, although exhausting some days - children are great fun, children who are poorly can cry an awful lot... But there's some fab toys in the Paediatric ward, which helps!

A lot of this blog is now probably going to contain words such as the "E" word, the "R" word, and, of course, the "F" word... I am referring, clearly, to "exams", "revision" and, the big F, "FINALS"... Cue big cloud of doom hovering above me - and all other fourth years.

The other thing that will be featuring heavily over the next couple of months (provided I actually get my act together and keep writing) is of course, Barrow-ness, my new accommodation for 3 nights every week. I will try and keep whinging to a minimum, and be objective... but I feel I am allowed to mention the sauna-like quality of my room - it is INSANE. Literally. Despite the fact it is snowing today, and February, and COLD outside, I have not shut the window once since arriving. Seriously.



I shall leave it at that for the time being, I think, Sunday night and my brain is frazzled from all the work I've done this weekend - and all the cleaning fluid fumes I have inhaled, having cleaned the house while the wonderful housemates have been off on time away...


So, I must bid you adieu...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Slowly, slowly working my way through medical school thanks to a good sense of humour, some fantastic friends, a wonderful boyfriend, a brilliant family, and a relaxed faith.